[icq-devel] annoying snac problem

Joachim Gehrung cavemaster01 at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 14:12:33 CEST 2006

Hi!

First of all:
Im using the login-sequence described here:
http://iserverd1.khstu.ru/oscar/login.html

It's a socket-error (socket throws an "IOException", and an Ethereal-Log
shows that the TCP/IP-Connection has been closed by the server.

I'm implementing the packets step by step. Only if one is wirking, I'm
writing the code for the following one -> snac(0x01, 0x17) is the last
packet sendet at the moment. I'm capturing every try with Ethereal to get
sure that everything works.

Well, I'm quite sure that i have the right values:

Service 1 - Version 4
Service 19 - Version 4
Service 2 - Version 1
Service 3 - Version 1
Service 21 - Version 1
Service 4 - Version 1
Service 6 - Version 1
Service 9 - Version 1
Service 10 - Version 1
Service 11 - Version 1

Im afraid the problem is somewhere in the CL_IDENT package I send direct
after the login-server's hello.
I tried some values from different icq IMs but the problem was always the
same:

IdString = "ICQBasic"
IdNumber = 266
MajorVersion = 20
MinorVersion = 34
LesserVersion = 0
BuildNumber = 2321
DistNumber = 1085
Language = "en"
Country = "us"

Did I forgot anything? Is anything correct?
I think this could be the only reason, i think...

Greetings,
Cave