No subject

Mon May 22 15:35:25 CEST 2006

items just use 0 as the group ID#).  And group ID#s should be unique (other
than 0).  By this I mean that 2 groups can not share the same group ID#.

The buddy ID#s should be unique IN EACH GROUP.  So you can have 2 contacts
with the same buddy ID#, but they must be in different groups.  Also, because
the items in the visible/invisible/ignore (types 0x0002/0x0003/0x000e) lists
all have a group ID# of 0, the contacts in these lists should have their own
unique buddy ID#.  That goes for the permit/deny setting (type 0x0005) as
well, since it also has a group ID# of 0.

I tried to write that so it's as clear as possible, but it's kind of confusing
anyway.  Let me know if you have any questions... or if you have some insight
to where the official clients actually get the ID#s from (I still think
they're random).

-Mark