[icq-devel] ICQ P2P

DeathBaba deathbaba at mail.ru
Wed Mar 31 13:48:46 CEST 2004

Hello Daniel,

DS> the spec of the p2p packets at
DS> http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uck4/ICQ/Packets/Peer
DS> is quite good. for implementation of the protocol,
DS> thourough understanding, etc, you will probably also
DS> need a packet sniffer for monitoring and learning from
DS> the traffic between two icq-clients. at least i needed
DS> to sniff a bit, since the above is a packet spec only,
DS> not really a complete protocol spec.

DS> in case you want to do something in java, i have some
DS> java code for the most rudimentary stuff like connecting
DS> and handshake. nothing more. it's not much, though
DS> something which might be helpful to get started easily.
DS> let me know if you could need it.

    Thnx for answer. I'd explored this link before, and agreed with
    you - it's à good point to start.
    But it's much more interesting to know all that p2p sequences,
    that ICQ uses.
    For example - if you open your IPs to anybody, their ICQ try to
    connect with you exactly after connect. Why???

--
Best regards,
 DeathBaba                            mailto:deathbaba at mail.ru