[icq-devel] strange and very sad

Remy Lebeau icq_devel at lebeausoftware.org
Sun Jan 25 22:05:00 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "itsme" <moe_mecto at nm.ru>
To: "ICQ-devel list" <icq-devel at blipp.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 11:05 AM
Subject: [icq-devel] strange and very sad

> I`m just wondering, how this guy can think, that someone,
> who have joined this list, is a dummy, who`ll open attached
> file immediately, without checking even it`s extension.

Because there are a lot of people who still don't actually do that.

> 'Cos filename like bla-bla-bla.doc.exe will make you to think,
> before opening it, at least.

That's assuming that they even see the ".exe" portion to begin with.  Some
viewers don't display the file extension, thus the user would only see
"Dagbok 2002.doc" and think that it is an actual document instead of an
executable.  Virus spreaders have been exploiting that "feature" of email
readers for years, that's nothing new.

Gambit