[icq-devel] sample code

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 06:36:42 CEST 2003

--- "Thomas J. Clancy" <tjclancy at comcast.net> wrote:
> Also, is there a way to silently (e.g. without
> a fricken' window opening up on my client)
> send a url or a message using the API?

No.  The ICQ API does not support sending messages or
URLs at all.  Only files, and even then all it does is
pops up the dialog but does not actually send the
files automatically.  The user still needs to finish
that operation manually.  To send a message/URL, you
will need to either manipulate the ICQ dialogs via the
Win32 API, or else just ditch ICQ and its API
altogether and write your own custom ICQ client clone
from scratch based on the ICQ communication protocols
directly.  There are several third-party documentation
efforts available online that ICQ clone developers
refer to when developing their clients.

Gambit