[icq-devel] snac(7/4)

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 07:00:17 CEST 2003

--- David Walluck <david at anti-microsoft.org> wrote:

> You've obviously been on the list longer than I
> have

Several years, actually.

> My wish, then, is that this list serve as a
> place for OSCAR-protocol related questions

This is an ICQ list, hense the name.

> so that everyone can share and learn.

I did provide a link to a site that deals in both
aspects of the protocol - AIM and ICQ.  I have not
seen any other site that does so thorough a
side-by-side comparion of the two flavors of OSCAR.

> There are many reasons for a disconnect. The most
> likely is a malformed packet.

Perhaps so.  Its hard to say for sure since no actual
details were provided earlier regarding what was being
sent and/or recieved just prior to the disconnect.
Such information is vital for diagnosing the problem.

> Keep in mind that family 0x0007 (and many others)
> require a separate connection to a (different)
> server. Sending commands over the main BOS server
> connection will not work.

Agreed.

Gambit