[icq-devel] Change status difference between ICQ and AIM

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Mon Sep 15 19:21:13 CEST 2003

On Montag September 15 2003 17:16, Mike Miller wrote:
> Since I did not get any response on my previous post, let me ask the
> question another way.  What's the basic difference in changing a user's
> status (away, etc) between ICQ and AIM?   Following the Oscar/ICQ doc, I
> feel like I have implemented that change of status correctly, with one
> exception - I am coding this for AIM and not ICQ!   After looking at
> some other implementations, it appears that the AOL/AIM status flag is
> different.  Can someone enlighten me on this basic difference.

For AIM you have to use SNAC(0x0002, 0x0004) with the following data:
TLV(0x0003)  LNTS  encoding for away message, I default it to 'text/aolrtf;
charset=\"us-ascii\"'
TLV(0x0004)  LNTS  away message in aboves encoding

For setting away you have to send both TLVs, for change from away to online
you only send an empty TLV(0x0004).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn at gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein