[icq-devel] Port Information, while making a new connection to download shared files.

gvs gvsindia at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 16 16:39:40 CEST 2003

Hi
I want to know how the port information is exchanged to make a new
connection to download the shared files.
Suppose buddy-A wants to avail file sharing of buddy-B.
To get the information of the available shared files of buddy-B by buddy-A,
it is using the listening port obtained from 0nline buddy information
buddy-B from the server . After selecting a file to download from the
dialogue box, the other peer buddy-B is initiating the connection, on some
port on which buddy-A is listening, to download the file. I want to know
how this port information is exchanged in the data, so that buddy-A will be
listening and buddy-B will make a connection