[icq-devel] Message type

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Tue May 27 15:38:16 CEST 2003

>--[R?my Lebeau]--<gambit47 at yahoo.com>
> --- Rüdiger Kuhlmann<icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de> wrote:

> > Y'know, you claim to be a webmaster for 5 years,
> > but can't figure out why it doesn't work.
> I never use CSS for my own sites

Uh oh. That's rather telling.

> > Then, someone claims it's because of line endings.
> > Of course there's only a CR at the end of the line,
> > because that's how its supposed to be.
> Actually, according to CSS1, '\r' (CR) is not a valid
> white-space character for CSS.  Only ' ' (space), '\t'
> (tab), and '\n' (LF) are recognized by CSS1, thus the
> correct end-of-line character would be '\n' (LF), not
> '\r' (CR) as your file is using.  That would explain
> why it worked correctly with IE once LF was added to
> your file.  IE was probably being nice enough to
> ignore the CR in the CRLF pair without erroring.

Y'know, you may be right. However, the CSS files I use don't have a \r, but
a \n in them, and what you're saying is that all CSS files with Windows
CR/LF pairs is invalid because or the CR. I don't know how you come to the
conclusion that there would be CR/LF pairs in my file, because there aren't.

> > Even if I'd add a ^M to each line, IE would still break.
> Did you bother actually trying it yet?

No, I didn't, but I'd wager €20 on it, because I know it will.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.
  mailto:ruediger at ruediger-kuhlmann.de