[icq-devel] Message type

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Fri May 23 04:06:04 CEST 2003

>--[Alexandr V. Shutko]--<AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru>

> RK> Check for CAP_IS_ICQ and CAP_SRVRELAY because licq sucks (but any recent
> RK> client has both anyway).
> WinAIM doesn't have CAP_IS_ICQ but can receive channel_2 messages from
> ICQ2003/ICQLite.

I guess then I'm a bit more careful in what to send.

> RK> Btw if you want to credit me, at least get my name right.
> Man, sorry, but I'm russian and I receive letters from you with name
> "Rudiger" or with russian "soft sign" symbol. (look at picture:
> http://iserverd.khstu.ru/picture/name.gif). So I'm still doesn't know
> your name right spelling...

Don't you feel emberassed having not only a broken browser, but also
a broken mail program?

Since you don't manage checking some HTML sources, or reading the mail with
a working email program, or reading the web page with a working browser,
here's the HTML: R&uuml;diger Kuhlmann. Can't be that hard, can it?

> RK> PS. Cool, let's make the umpteenth protocol database.
> Is this an irony ?

Yes, it is.

> Yours - not full/not structured,

It's not less structured than yours. You just have to actually _use_ it's
structure.

> has terrible colors

black on white (don't blame _me_ for _your_ broken browser if you can't even
figure out _why_ it displays it wrong)

> non-hex numbers

Set yourself the hex cookie and you'll have it in hex.

> and contain data only usefull to make client, not server;

Meybe true, though I don't know what you'd need to have more that you couldn't
add to the respective packets and/or additional tutorials.

> kingant.net - doens't full, not structured;

I haven't heard of that, but it's rather incomplete

> www.rejetto.com dead, Douglas McLaughlin specification dead,

Yes.

> www.tts.lt is not structured.

Russian only...

> I decide it is better to gather all data and write my own spec FOR MYSELF.
> Sorry if you doesn't like this idea.

I don't like the idea for having thousands of those if one could contain
all. It's not like you couldn't squeeze the info you wanted to have in it
if you wanted to.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.