[icq-devel] Message type

Alexandr V. Shutko AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru
Fri May 23 03:23:49 CEST 2003

Hello Rudiger,
Friday, May 23, 2003, 11:34:11 AM, you wrote:

RK> Check for CAP_IS_ICQ and CAP_SRVRELAY because licq sucks (but any recent
RK> client has both anyway).
WinAIM doesn't have CAP_IS_ICQ but can receive channel_2 messages from
ICQ2003/ICQLite.

RK> Btw if you want to credit me, at least get my name right.
Man, sorry, but I'm russian and I receive letters from you with name
"Rudiger" or with russian "soft sign" symbol. (look at picture:
http://iserverd.khstu.ru/picture/name.gif). So I'm still doesn't know
your name right spelling...

RK> PS. Cool, let's make the umpteenth protocol database.
Is this an irony ? I'm working on my ICQ server and I need good
protocol specification for myself. Yours - not full/not structured, has
terrible colors (sorry, but I like explorer and you bad webmaster if
can't solve this problem), non-hex numbers and contain data only usefull
to make client, not server; kingant.net - doens't full, not structured;
www.rejetto.com dead, Douglas McLaughlin specification dead, www.tts.lt
is not structured. Also I didn't find correct login sequence description.
So I decide it is better to gather all data and write my own spec FOR MYSELF.
Sorry if you doesn't like this idea.

--
With respect,
Alexandr V. Shutko                           mailto:AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru