[icq-devel] Message type

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Fri May 23 02:34:11 CEST 2003

>--[Alexandr V. Shutko]--<AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru>
> Hello Fabrice,
> Friday, May 23, 2003, 10:15:21 AM, you wrote:
>
> FM> Can someone tell me how i can know, which type of message (1, 2 or 4) i must
> FM> send to a remote client ?
> There is message channels (1,2,4) and message types... So if client
> has serverrelay capability you should send message on channel_2, if

Check for CAP_IS_ICQ and CAP_SRVRELAY because licq sucks (but any recent
client has both anyway).

> cient doesn't have it (becase it old or offline) you should look at

> FM> How do i request to see a special capability ?
> You can't. You'll receive client capabilities list in user online
> SNAC(03,0B). (see format at http://iserverd.khstu.ru/oscar/)

http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uck4/ICQ/defines.html#CAPABILITIES is your
definate guide.

Btw if you want to credit me, at least get my name right.

Yours, Rüdiger.

PS. Cool, let's make the umpteenth protocol database.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.
  mailto:ruediger at ruediger-kuhlmann.de