[icq-devel] New Capability

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 20:09:48 CET 2003

wrote:

> Setting this lets AIM users receive messages
> from ICQ users, and ICQ users receive messages
> from AIM users.  Windows AIM 5.2.3139 is the only
> thing I know that sets this.  Well, and Gaim
0.60cvs.

Makes sense, considering that AOL is still in the
process of merging AIM and ICQ, and not too long ago
released a new AIM version that supported ICQ contacts
and messages, thus would need a new capability to let
the servers know about that feature.

> Also, though you advertise the capability, it
> does not get sent to other users with your other
> capabilities.

Makes sense.  Why would other clients need to know
about that particular capability?  It doesn't
influence connections with other clients on a P2P
level, it only effects the server itself.

Gambit