[icq-devel] ICQ File Transfer in DC mode

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Wed Jun 25 22:59:08 CEST 2003

[Please make your replys part of the thread, and don't post lines longer
 than 80 characters max. Thank you. ]

>--[Husam Khater]--<hkhater at gmx.net>

> does it know this??? Does it use a random port? and how can Y know that
> port ahead of time, in order to listen to it, especially when it is not
> preceded by a SRV_USERONLINE message or any SRV_ message.

As someone already said: the listener selects a port to listen on of his
choice and sends it as part of his status change packet, so all his contacts
will see the IP and port (there's also a way to set them specifically for
one contact). The file request is then sent through a direct connection to
this port or through the server. The acknowledge will contain the port to
use to open the file transfer connection on. I don't know how file transfer
through the server works.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.