[icq-devel] Self added contacts !!!

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 04:53:32 CEST 2003

--- "christophe.minguet (freesurf)"
<c.minguet at freesurf.fr> wrote:

> so i close the chat window with messages and
> the autorisation request window . and ...
> the contact was added to my own contact list !!!!!!

Just to make the situation even more bizarre...  When
I open up my ICQ2003 lately, sometimes I have a system
notice waiting for me stating that my request for
authorization was granted for people I've never even
heard of or talked to, let alone asked for permission
to add to my list.  Browsing weird links was not a
factor (it didn't happen), nor was chatting with
anyone I didn't already know (I don't do that).

Sounds to me like someone found another security hole
in AOL's servers and is exploiting it lately.

Gambit