[icq-devel] Hello World :))

David Walluck david at anti-microsoft.org
Fri Jul 11 22:18:22 CEST 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, christophe.minguet (freesurf) wrote:

> My aim was to have an icq without anny tunneling which could work
> without problem what ever is the firewall / proxy between my computer at
> work and internet .....

You could also probably use a non-web client with some HTTP or SOCKS
tunneling, but I guess you said that you did not want to tunnel for some
reason.

> I know Fabrice Michellonet (désolé si j'ai écorché ton nom :op) also
> wrote a java lib.

It is not nearly as complete as my own. Hopefully, someone will wish to
add P2P support to my client rather than duplicating effort.

> http://ioio.dyndns.org/nomadIcq is available when my computer is online
> ... But i know there are still many bugs ...

But your client does not appear to be open source, and what is the point
of enabling P2P on the web (applet)? Do you plan to release a stand-alone
client also?

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck