[icq-devel] Hello World :))

David Walluck david at anti-microsoft.org
Fri Jul 11 09:05:00 CEST 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Saulius wrote:

> i'd like to ask does anybody have something like an ICQ library for JAVA or
> an idea where to find one.

I am developing a Java AIM/ICQ client. The ICQ-side is less important at
this stage, so it does not support any TCP (Chat, Filetransfer). The AIM
(OSCAR protocol) side is one of the most complete Open Source
implementations around.

I would love to hear if anyone on this list is a Java developer, either on
the protocol side, or on the Swing side. Currently, a small Swing client
is available which supports normal instant messaging and the server-side
buddy list. I am definitely looking for developers in either of these two
areas. Also, anyone who wishes to use it for a client certainly can try,
but beware that there may be quite a few bugs at this stage, as I haven't
even made a public release yet, but code is available through CVS.

The URL for my project is http://daim.dev.java.net/.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck