[icq-devel] Not working?

Igor Franchuk sprog at online.ru
Wed Jul 2 09:26:42 CEST 2003

Hello Роман,

РГ>   A complete ICQ/AIM Sniffer is out - RTF/Unicode is supported as
РГ>   well, also with uin to nickname resolution :)
РГ>   www.ufasoft.com/icqsnif

      It doesn't sniff packets under XP or may be I just needed to
      reboot first. Anyway since I don't reboot for months I'd
      probably never see it working.

      I was used to engaging Snort for packet sniffing reasons.
      It is a great and, at the same time versatile tool that can log
      any network packets and it doesn't require any additional services.
      BTW it is an open source.

      If you're interested you can find Snort here:
      http://www.snort.org

PS I belive ICQ sniffer can not be uninstalled normally without manual
support. So if anyone decides to uninstall it - run the command below
(with the paths changed):

"D:\Trash\Downloads\ICQ\Ufasoft\SocksChain\setup.exe" /u "C:\Program Files\Ufasoft\IcqSnif\setup.inf"

Even after that it leaves in the registry it's driver keys, etc.

--
Best regards,
 Igor                            mailto:sprog at online.ru