[icq-devel] direct connections behaviour when using a proxy

rad2k rad2k at mail.ru
Fri Jan 3 14:28:18 CET 2003

I've done deeper tests.
Well, the mirabilis client configured to use a proxy does bind its port.
It doesn't directly attend peer 2 peer negotiations.

I tried using the proxy and then issuing a 'connect' to the icq client but
the proxy was filtering any ports but 443 :(.

I sniffed how two mirabilis clients talked to each other by having the same
proxy in the LAN and what was happening was that the client which initialized
the connection sent the 4,6 server packets for File transfer request THROUGH
the server, hence the other client received the information through the proxy and
once the agreement was finished a peer 2 peer connection was initialized.

Anyway, I guess the best way to do it would be if the proxy allowed any destination
port which I cant test right now :(.