[icq-devel] Is it leagal ?

rad2k at mail.ru rad2k at mail.ru
Thu Feb 13 20:44:40 CET 2003

Knowing that a few developers got 'threatening letters/emails?' from
Mirabilis lawyers, I would give it a second thought.

I believe whats illegal is to use their copyrighted names such as
ICQ without their legal authorization.

It should be algo considered illegal (i believe its specified in
their agreement) to reverse their protocol without their authorization
as well.

At least by now there havent been any considerable consequences.
AFAIR there has been a few threads before in this list with
discussions on these letters i mentioned before and their
legal power.

rad2k