[icq-devel] file transfer steps

ggr ggr at bak.rr.com
Tue Feb 4 05:40:19 CET 2003

12/31/2002 12:42:03 PM, rad2k <rad2k at mail.ru> wrote:

Don't lok like anyone has replyed and I just got file transfers working in GQ so here it goes.

File Recv:
Through main direct connection you recv PEER_MSG poacket with the connection and file info,
 you should grab the info and ach the PEER_MSG then start a listening socket on the port specified
 in the PEER_MSG packet.  You will then recv connect on listening socket, following is on new connection.

IN <-: PEER_INIT
Out->: PEER_INIT_ACK
Out->: PEER_INIT
In <-: PEER_FILE_INIT
Out->: special PEER_INIT_ACK
In <-: special PEER_MSG
Out->: special PEER_INIT2
In <-: PEER_FILEDATA
..
 until end of file
..
IN <-: PEER_FILEDATA

that's it.  Reverse "In <-:" and "Out->:" to send a file.

Goto http://www.cobans.net/dc.html for a dump with comments on a file recv.

NighTrader.