[icq-devel] Version 8 HELLO - COOKIE

Bryan Petty bpetty at cs.utah.edu
Mon Feb 3 13:57:15 CET 2003

I understand a lot of documentation on version 8 is still missing, but I
was wondering if the format of the COOKIE TLV in HELLO was known. I'm
finding the documentation page by Rudiger is good, but it's missing the
basics such as information on acknowledging packets, and just the
procedures for things like handling sequence numbers (well, it's there,
but it's not that clear). I also don't see anything about encryption
besides the password being XORed. Has encryption just been tossed out the
window with version 8?

Bryan Petty