[icq-devel] SNAC(02,03)

Alexandr V. Shutko AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru
Mon Feb 3 10:06:22 CET 2003

Hello icq-devel,

I have some new information...
I found that TLV(2) in SNAC(02,03) is a maximum number of allowed
capabilities. I was using iserverd to check this. First I set this
value = 1 and connect icq2000. There was no SNAC(02,04) during
session. Then I increased TLV(2) value to 2 and icq2000 begin send
this snac with its two capabilities. After that I tried to connect
icq2001 and found that it doesn't send its capabilities. I increased
max_caps_num to 3 and icq2001 start send its 3 caps. So we have
default icq server limit = 16 capability CLSID strings.

Currently icq clones use info_last_update_time value in TLV(C) to
broadcast their versions and this is very bad because native clients
continuously update information about clone users. I suggest use special
crafted capability CLSID(s) with clone id and version information.
This is very legal since official client plugins can do this. CLSIDs
is a just COM object identificator (or address).

About family 0x13... :) Has anybody checked if stored contact list
revision number depends on SNAC(13,11)/SNAC(13,12) ?

P.S. Zoe, (Zoe Smale) it's a pity, but I haven't your email. I just
finished writing docs about rate limits using your information and I want
to show them to you before publishing. These docs is a part of my
oscar/icq specs that almost finished. Please contact me via my email
and i'll give you url. Also I have several questions for you :)

P.P.S If there is AIM users I would like to ask them to send me dumps
of some packets because I haven't ability to do this by myself :(
I tried to contact with gaim developers but they ignored my emails :(
I need dumps of:

SNAC(02,04) - profile, away info update
SNAC(01,05) - service redirect
SNAC(17,03) - auth_md5: server cookie response
SNAC(01,1f) - client verification request
SNAC(01,10) - evil notification
snacs from families 0x0D, 0x0E (chat services)

--
With respect,
Alexandr V. Shutko                           mailto:AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru