[icq-devel] ICQ for MicroJava?

miem miemen at mail.ru
Sun Feb 2 08:33:42 CET 2003

WI> Hi list,
WI> Java-mobile phones have been out for a while now, and there's also
WI> "official" ICQ-Support for them (for example for my Siemens M50).
WI> Unfortunately, my provider doesn't offer AOL's mobile client. After having a
WI> look at the specs of the Siemens M50, I think that it would be possible to
WI> write an ICQ-Client for the M50 without ICQ's or my provider's support. The
WI> phone uses some special version of Java (I think it's called MicroJava or
WI> something)
Yes, you are right. Siemens M50 is support j2me (Mobile Edition)
WI> and I suppose it's capable of making Internet connections on its
WI> own.
Yes, it can.
WI> Has anybody ever heard of a M50-compatible Java Client?
I have an icq client written in j2me and in working on Siemens M50,
but it used jabber protocol. You may read about it in www.jabber.com
WI> I would write
WI> one myself, but unfortunately my Java-knowledge and my spare time are quite
WI> limited.
I have a such idea and I have a necessary software. You can download
it from www.my-siemens.com and www.borland.com - JBuilder 8 and MobileSet