[icq-devel] Sending contact-list at login ...

Mikael Brorsson smiley at hoj.nu
Tue Sep 17 23:11:20 CEST 2002

Barnaby,

That is what I do. Send all my contacts in that format in one packet.
My little problem now is that I thought I only got a response that one of my
contacts is online but tonight I found out that it responds with all my (or
atleast those that are online) in one packet. So the contents in SNAC(3,11) is
repeated for each user (that is online) that was in my SNAC(3,4).

/Smiley

Quoting Barnaby Gray <bee at pickle.me.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:09:40PM +0200, vadim winebrand wrote:
> > I don't tell the server about my contact list the servers tells me about
> my
> > contacts list in snac(13,06)
>
> No, you misread the original poster - they said they are not using the
> server-based list. Use SNAC(3,4) and send as many as you like in the
> one packet (I think there is an upper limit indicated by the server in
> the rates stuff, but I've never hit it). You send them as (byte)
> length, then the UIN as a string.
>
> HTH,
>
> Barnaby
>
> > > When your client log in and tell the server about your contact
> > > list (don't use the buddies saved on the server), do you use
> > > SNAC(3,4) and list ALL the contacts in one packet ?  Or do you
> > > send one packet for every contact ...  ?
> > >
> > > My problem with using this snac is that I only get a reply from
> > > the server with the status for one of the contacts ... not all of
> > > them ...
> > >
> > > /Smiley

/    Mikael "Smiley" Brorsson
/      Ågårdsgatan 7D
/        37235 Ronneby
/          Tel: 0457-14657  Mobile: 070-5819131
/            UIN: 1319197
/              e-mail: mikael.brorsson at cenara.com
/               homepage:  http://www.cenara.com/users/ce00247