[icq-devel] Retrieve Message Archive

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 21:56:28 CEST 2002

--- Brigitta <brigikovacs at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have a very serious problem.

You have more than that...

> How can I read somebody else's ICQ messages on
> my computer or on the net? (can I get his message
> archive) I know this person's ICQ number and
> password too, but cant get a hold of his computer.

If you don't have physical access to his machine, then
you're out of luck, because the message archive is
stored locally only.

> Or is it possible to get a copy of each messages
> he sends/receives?

Not unless you're sniffing his physical connection,
and know how to decypher the data packets.  Packet
decyphering is easy, there's plenty of documentation
readily available.  Sniffing someone else's internet
connection, on the other hand, is a trick of it's own,
and is also typically illegal to do unless you have a
court order granting you legal permission, which
you'll never get if you're not doing it for
law-enforcement purposes.

Gambit