[icq-devel] Newcomer

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Sat Nov 30 14:39:27 CET 2002

>--[Starman]--<fm.grattepain at wanadoo.fr>

> - connect to the server
> - send packets, chat with people
> - disable the network interface (802.11 card)
> - send data : toto=send(m_socketDescriptor, data, dataLength, 0);
> - check the toto value... but I always get toto = dataLength, even if
> the interface is down.

Well, there's still a (relatively long) timeout till the system gives up.
Till then, everything is queued up. Which is why I suggested the timeout for
receiving stuff, as the server usually sends a lot of status changes more or
less continuosly. Unfortunately, it doesn't send keep-alives as well.

> should I modify something ? ioctl or setsockopt ?

You could try the SO_KEEPALIVE socket option. You might want to use
a non-blocking socket as well.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.