[icq-devel] Offline messages info

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Sat Nov 30 13:21:19 CET 2002

>--[Alex Demchenko]--<alex at ritlabs.com>

> We can't modify our browsers,

Yes, you can use another one, or bug M$ till it fixes it (ha ha ha).

> you can write IE-friedly code.

Yes, I could. Like every webmaster could write CSS-based, standard friendly
code instead of broken table-based crap with proprietary IE-only
"extesions". Except my code _is_ standard friendly.

> IE is a default windows browser and it fully satisfaces me, I don't want
> to download third party applications like Mozilla, Opera, etc.

Well, as already said: that's your choice.

> just to view your malformed pages.

Your mistake is that my pages are not malformed. Enter the URL into the
HTML- and CSS- validator and see for yourself.

> RK> If I'd replace all #abc by #aabbcc nothing would change, for no browser.
> Are you sure in your words? Did you try?

Yes, I am positively sure. It's not the color codes IE is stumbling upon.

> RK> There are working browsers running on Microsoft's wannabe operating system,
> RK> including Mozilla, Netscape 6 and Opera, all freely available. If you insist
> Looks like PR action.

I'm not a company. I'm just pissed about pages that are broken, invalid HTML
and/or CSS using IE-only, proprietary "extensions" that make my life harder.
Why do you do such an outcry if you're having trouble yourself a single
time, when it can be proven to be caused by _your_ fault?

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.
  mailto:ruediger at ruediger-kuhlmann.de