[icq-devel] Newcomer

Christophe Minguet (freesurf) c.minguet at freesurf.fr
Sat Nov 30 09:43:57 CET 2002

I had such problem ....
Cause e can't know if a socket is closed ...

Use the KEEPALIVE channel 5 packet :

2a 05 00 15 00 00
2a //byte, constant, flap magic
05 //byte, constant, flap channel
00 15 //word, variable, flap sequence number
00 00 //word, constant, flap data length

Send it periodically, you should get a socket error if u send to send
this packet and you are disconnected from serveur.