[icq-devel] Newcomer

Starman fm.grattepain at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 30 09:26:12 CET 2002

Hi there !

I'm new on this list. I developped an icq client called iXQ :
http://ixqdev.online.fr
But I get in troubles chile trying to detect server disconnections or
network interruptions.

I'm thinking of using a ping-like fuction to test if the server is
reachable but it's not enough : the server can be reachable, but the
client may be not connected. I thought the server was sending a
particular packet to tell the client that it is not connected when it
tries to send messages to the server, but I can't find its dump
anymore. Do you have any idea ?

thanks,
regards,
Starman