[icq-devel] Clone recognition.

Barnaby Gray bee at pickle.me.uk
Wed Nov 6 20:37:00 CET 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 04:33:16PM +0100, Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:

> >--[Barnaby Gray]--<bee at pickle.me.uk>
> > >                             ^^^
> > > You could try not to misspell my name...
> > Oooh.. tetchy.. this is just what the cut+paste did. Don't blame me.
>
> That was definately not copy&paste. You mutt can handle the stuff as you can
> see in your attribution line.

Ah.. but if you knew mutt, then you'd also know that it depends on the
particular text editor you are using. And mine doesn't seem to cope
with those kind of chars.. apologies, but as I said it wasn't my
fault!

> > Ok fair enough. Just wanted to clear up the GPL issue, for those not
> > aware.
>
> I wouldn't have a problem with copying the code if it would be proper
> attributed. Btw that guy copied your complete libicq2000 *marked as his
> copyright*. He did some changes, though (e.g. integrating my client
> detection code).

Right! This means WAR!

Seriously though, I think this guy should answer up to the allegations
- is he on the list? I'd be all for taking action, if there's
something effective we can do against thieves like these..

Barnaby