[icq-devel] Clone recognition.

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Tue Nov 5 16:33:16 CET 2002

>--[Barnaby Gray]--<bee at pickle.me.uk>
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:40:40PM +0100, Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:
> > >--[Barnaby Gray]--<bee at pickle.me.uk>
> > > /*
> > >  * This file implements the contact list and basic operations on it.
> > >  *
> > >  * This file is Copyright Rudiger Kuhlmann; it may be distributed under
> >                             ^^^
> > You could try not to misspell my name...
> Oooh.. tetchy.. this is just what the cut+paste did. Don't blame me.

That was definately not copy&paste. You mutt can handle the stuff as you can
see in your attribution line.

> > >  * version 2 of the GPL licence.
> > >  *
> > >  * $Id: contact.c,v 1.40 2002/10/30 15:10:30 kuhlmann Exp $
> > >  */
> > > Don't see what you can complain about, as long as he complies with the
> > > GPL?
> > The problem is not that he uses my code per se, but that he doesn't
> > attribute it correctly. His file states that _he_ owns the Copyright, which
> > he obviously doesn't.
> Ok fair enough. Just wanted to clear up the GPL issue, for those not
> aware.

I wouldn't have a problem with copying the code if it would be proper
attributed. Btw that guy copied your complete libicq2000 *marked as his
copyright*. He did some changes, though (e.g. integrating my client
detection code).

Yours, Rüdiger.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.