[icq-devel] SNAC 13/* Information

Wed Mar 27 04:01:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I have spent a LOT of time figuring out the structure of a few of the packets
in SNAC family 13.  I've put up some decent documentation at
http://kingant.net/libfaim/snacs/snacindex.html  Enjoy?

I come from an AIM oscar background, rather than ICQ, so the ICQ-specific
information on that page is less accurate and less detailed than the more
basic SNACs like subtypes 5 through 12.  A bit of the terminology is
different too--for example, rather than saying "roster" I say "list"
or "buddy list."  It should be pretty understandable.

Douglas McLaughlin: I plan on updating a bit of my docs sometime to include
some stuff you mention in yours.  Specifically some of the TLVs that are
stored along with items in the roster (SMS number, etc.).  I just noticed
that you're at UNCP?  I'm a student at NC State  :-)

The program Gaim, for Linux and other Unixes has a good oscar implementation
that works for AIM and ICQ.  http://gaim.sf.net/  libfaim is the library it
uses.  It's pretty, um, big and complicated, but it works well.

If you have any questions, sugguestions, additions, or comments, PLEASE email
me or the list.  I'm super happy I found this mailing list...  I don't
believe such a thing exits that is geared toward using oscar for AIM.

-Mark

--
O      O  Mark Doliner
 \     |    kingant at kingant.net