[icq-devel] Why won't my cookie ever work for me????

Douglas McLaughlin stricq at owlnet.net
Sun Mar 24 01:05:32 CET 2002

At 06:13 PM 3/23/2002, you wrote:

>I got rid of my manual hex dumping in favor of using Ethereal only now.
>There is nothing wrong with my packets being sent over the wire, I've
>compared my packets to ICQ's official packets and they are identical in all
>regards.  Yet the second server keeps refusing my login packet with the
>cookie while allowing the official ones though!  ARG!!!!!!!!

Ok, you've eliminated the obvious.  Check byte for byte that your cookie is
not somehow getting changed before you send it back to the second
server.  Check your password encryption.  Look for something
stupid....  Forget about it for a few days then come back to it...

Doug

--
Douglas F. McLaughlin      [Chancellor's List - Spring/Fall 2001,
STR Programming Services    University of North Carolina - Pembroke]
stricq at owlnet.net
http://www.stricq.com/     { while(!sleep) sheep++; }
Team Amiga                 http://www.amiga.com/