[icq-devel] ICQLite based on TOC

Dan Ackerman baldrick at dilbert.netset.com
Wed Mar 13 02:03:36 CET 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, rad2k wrote:

> I didn't understand much of the message, but i have seen the 'ICQTOC' string
> in incoming roasters with icq contacts..still, wtf is TOC?
> and why does it make it easy?
> regards

TOC - Aim protocol that was released open source for awhile and then
changed to block Microsoft from using their server.

Why does it make it easy?  Don't ask me.  While it does point to some
general ideas about flow, it's not a straight 1 to 1 correspondence
between TOC and new ICQ protocols.

Once you get past the FLAP and SNAC headers it looks like alot of the
functions no longer match or aren't implemented.

Dan Ackerman
aka baldrick