[icq-devel] Network issues

Douglas McLaughlin stricq at owlnet.net
Fri Mar 1 22:47:48 CET 2002

At 11:51 AM 3/1/2002, you wrote:

>It has been implemented in ickle (libicq2000) since the first release,
>yes. I was noticing connectivity problems whilst developing ickle, but
>I can't directly attribute this to not sending the keep alive packets,
>sending them doesn't do any harm, so I thought it'd be worth
>implementing. It's dead simple too anyway.

I haven't seen any such family 5 packets while snooping ICQ2001b.  So I
assume it doesn't use it.  I do see ICQ2001b sending 15/2 Request Offline
Messages packets every 30 seconds, but not constantly, just sometimes.

Doug

--
Douglas F. McLaughlin      [Chancellor's List - Spring/Fall 2001,
STR Programming Services    University of North Carolina - Pembroke]
stricq at owlnet.net
http://www.stricq.com/     { while(!sleep) sheep++; }
Team Amiga                 http://www.amiga.com/