[icq-devel] ICQ protocol 2 SEND_MESSAGE

Sebastian Rettig rettignews at uni.de
Wed Jun 19 12:06:57 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I've just joined this mailing-list, and this is my first mail.
I started to write a really small client, in order to learn to program in the
UNIX environment. So I'm using protocol 2, since it is very easy to implement.

But now, I'm having trouble with it.
I got v.92 of the protocol "specification" and followed its description about
creating a SEND_MESSAGE packet.
But when I send it to the server, it appears to have no effect.
I get back an ACK packet, but the receiver never gets the message.

Is it possible, that the server does no longer fully support v2, what's
unlikely in my opinion?
Is the documentation incorrect, or what's wrong?

BTW: while playing around with my code, I discovered more commands sent from
the server, that are not listed in the doc. Is there a newer version around?

Sebastian