[icq-devel] dc messages

rad2k rad2k at mail.ru
Tue Jun 18 01:24:52 CEST 2002

hey there, i'm sorry but since i was unable to find an old post about this, i'll ask.
Using version 7/8 of the protocol for direct connections, i've been succesfully able to
establish a handshake with other icq clients.

I've found the encryption routines, but I'm wondering -when- to encrypt direct connection
packets since the PEER_MSG dump (on the www.stud.uni.... site) says that everything after the 02 MSG command byte should be encrypted.

Is that ok? Should everything after the 02 byte cmd be encrypted? should the WHOLE message be encrypted? including the first 2 length bytes?

I'll still be sniffing and trying but im not having luck with sniffing the damn win98 tonight
these direct connections packets get me weirdo.

thanks :)

rad2k
-