[icq-devel] PHP/ASP/JSP-icq ?

Jens Woeste jens.woeste at basispoint.com
Wed Jun 12 21:44:06 CEST 2002

Hello Jonas,

I'm currently working (as a C# learning/training/experimenting project ;o) )
on an ICQ.NET Webservice, so If you don't mind waiting a few months...  ;o).
I previously coded a v3 implemention of the protocol as a Com Component
(100% pure VB ;o) ) which I used on the website www.icqbots.com. I used the
component for building various webconfigurable icq-bots (starting with an
Eliza - transscripts can be found on the site). Secondly I built a
DHTML-based ICQ client which worked just fine until the Mirabilis guy's shut
down the v3 support... Stresstesting showed that on a simple w2k machine,
PIII 600Mhz I could easily run 100 simultainously connected clients from 1
ip-adress.

But if your'e in a hurry I can recommend www.jabber.org ... There you will
find a complete server suite along with a fully functional XML-based clients
and/or com-based clients (along with a dozen other messaging transports,
sample applications etc.)...

/Jens W