[icq-devel] Polish xlation of the ICQ Protocol web site

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Wed Jun 12 14:56:45 CEST 2002

Please post your comment _after_ the quoted text, and only quote what you
refer to. Doing otherwise makes it very hard to guess what you mean.

>--[rad2k]--<rad2k at mail.ru>
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:43:45 +0200
> Rüdiger Kuhlmann <icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de> wrote:
> > >--[Pawel]--<kagyu108 at optonline.net>
> >
> > > I'd like to offer
> >
> > You may want to fix your clock on your computer first...
> >
> > > Polish translation of the ICQ Protocol website but first I'd like to know
> > > if somebody , by any chance , isn't working on it, already.
> >
> > *ehem* the website??? That thing is connected to a database, so you'd have
> > to extend the database, then you'd have to add translated entries, and then
> > you'd have to make sure that all new entries are at least also available in
> > English, as otherwise only readers in Polish (or Russian, for that matter)
> > would be able to read the new entry.
> >
> > So if you want to translate something, you may want to translate mICQ
> > itself to polish, as the available translation is somewhat old.
> >
> > >--[Alex Demchenko]--<alex at ritlabs.com>

> > > I'm offering to do the same in russian :)

> Isn't it possible to create a string table ? that should solve the
> problem. I mean a string table as the one you may use in c++ and then call
> loadstring safely.

It may be possible to translate the website. But probably not the contents
of the database. So I'm not sure whether that really makes sense.

> its obvious you need all translations up to date :) yeah, but still any
> short scripting could help. (if possible) to use an english version by
> default if the specified language entry doesn't exist.

Yes...

--
         100 DM sind  51 €  13 ¢.
         100 €  sind 195 DM 58 pf.