[icq-devel] Polish xlation of the ICQ Protocol web site

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Wed Jun 12 13:43:45 CEST 2002

>--[Pawel]--<kagyu108 at optonline.net>

> I'd like to offer

You may want to fix your clock on your computer first...

> Polish translation of the ICQ Protocol website but first I'd like to know
> if somebody , by any chance , isn't working on it, already.

*ehem* the website??? That thing is connected to a database, so you'd have
to extend the database, then you'd have to add translated entries, and then
you'd have to make sure that all new entries are at least also available in
English, as otherwise only readers in Polish (or Russian, for that matter)
would be able to read the new entry.

So if you want to translate something, you may want to translate mICQ
itself to polish, as the available translation is somewhat old.

>--[Alex Demchenko]--<alex at ritlabs.com>

> P> I'd like to offer Polish translation of the ICQ Protocol website but first
> P> I'd like to know if somebody , by any chance , isn't working on it, already.
> I'm offering to do the same in russian :)

The last mICQ Russian translation was done by #76883762, so you may contact
him first if you plan to do that.

If you want to work on translating mICQ in general, you need to have the
"cvs" command available on your system, as it compares two files to check
for changed translation strings. If you do, just go to the lang/
subdirectory, choose your language and country code (like, de_DE, or xx_YY,
or just xx) and issue the command "./i18n-template xx_YY.i18n". This will
copy all new strings to xx_YY.i18n and comment out all change strings. All
lines look like "1234:translated string". Lines starting with a '#' are
comments; you'll have lots of lines "#1234:english string" - that's what you
work on. Lines like "#-#1234:old translated string" mark the previous
version of a translation that has changed (it will be accompanied by a
"#1234:english string" line). '¶' symbols will be replaced by newlines, so
keep them intact, as well as %-escapes for printf()-interpolations. Mail
your work to me, and please notify me if you start working. Thanks.

Yours, Rüdiger.

--
         100 DM sind  51 €  13 ¢.
         100 €  sind 195 DM 58 pf.