[icq-devel] keepalive packets (was: icq..)
joe at idisys.iae.nsk.su
Mon Jun 10 14:18:52 CEST 2002
To clarify things:
1. it is safe to send keepalive packets.
2. it is safe to never send keepalive packets.
3. any keepalive packet is a flap channel 5 packet with an
empty flapdata field.
4. keepalive packets are sent by official icq clients, when
the checkbox "keep the connection alive" is turned on.
5. it is safe to send keepalive packets with an interval of
30 or more seconds between keepalive packets. I didn't
check if they can be sent more frequently.
More information about the icq-devel