[icq-devel] RTF-troubles v8 snac(4,06)

Laurel Fan laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jun 10 10:19:24 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 09:19:15AM +0300, Alexander Vaga wrote:
> I am realizing v8 ptoto now and I have two questions.

Having just gotten rtf messages working, I hope I can answer your
questions...

> 1)
> Who knows what does mean server`s error code: 000E
> when I sent message via server by SNAC(4,06)?

As far as I know, this just means that the server can't understand the
packet, probably because it's corrupted.

> 2)
> The RTF-advanced-message-SNAC(4,06) reseived by remote v8(2002a) client.
> But client displays this message in !!!plaintext!!! format.
> What is wrong with my packet?
> What critical things I need/must to implement into my client?

If you look at a packet dump of the official 2002a client, you'll
notice that its SNAC(4,06) includes at the end a length- (as little
endian dword = 0x26) prefixed string that looks sort of like a guid.
I believe that if you send this, your message will be interpreted as
rtf.

laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
http://dreadnought.gorgorg.org