[icq-devel] Direct connection dumps

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Wed Jun 5 21:24:12 CEST 2002

>--[Alex Demchenko]--<alex at ritlabs.com>

>   Where I can find encrypted/descrypted direct connection dumps. There
> too fee info on http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de :(
                                                  /~uck4/ICQ/

Well, there's enough if you already have a working peer2peer stuff for v5.
The difference is only the additional PEER_INIT2 packet echanged, and that
the PEER_MSG packet is prepended by a byte 02. The reminder of that packet
is encrypted as in v5, you just have to remember to skip that byte. For info
about the encryption, look at http://www.algonet.se/~henisak/icq/icqv5.html
or use the code as in licq, Miranda or mICQ. It's the same code, even the
same indentation (or at least was before I made it more pretty in mICQ). I
don't know about file transfer and chat packets, but I assume they're either
also prefixed by that byte or by another value.

--
         100 DM sind  51 €  13 ¢.
         100 €  sind 195 DM 58 pf.
  mailto:ruediger at ruediger-kuhlmann.de