[icq-devel] vb

Göran Roseen goran.roseen at oopera.se
Wed Jun 5 10:33:11 CEST 2002

It is really simple to code, the problem is that VB does not have any
unsigned data types, and so you might have problems with the sign bit
ending up where you don't want it.

I don't know how you get your packet data inte the program but my advice
is: swap while you still have the data in a char buffer. The unpacking
routines would be a simple choice. I.e. use different unpacking routines
for the different byte-ordered data.

Another tip is to use larger data types (E.g. Long instead of Integer) when
the data has to be unsigned. That way, large numbers will never appear
negative.

/Göran