[icq-devel] www.stricq.com

Barnaby Gray bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 18:34:21 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 06:08:45PM +0200, Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:
> >--[Barnaby Gray]--<bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk>

> > Guess this could be fixed by not mentioning the number at all in
> > cross-references and instead having them as links, which would be
> > neater too :-)
>
> Which is what I did now. Though, considering that's only you who's bothered
> by that, you could have tried yourself, because...

Good, it wasn't like that when I last checked.

Wasn't only me, at least one other person responded to your original
announcement agreeing with me about the hex issue, and I think if you
poll the group now, the majority would still want hex I
believe. Anyone who has done any significant packet dumping will agree
with this, you dump packets in hex, you think in hex, you see SNAC
numbers as hex.. makes sense to me :-)

> > It's still not good enough I'm afraid
>
> ... as long as you're not paying me to do the job you've no right
> of calling it "not good enough". It contains much more information than the
> stricq.com page, so it's already more than good enough.

I have every right to throw in constructive criticism, and for my
purposes it wasn't good enough. It is nothing to do with being paid or
not - in an open community criticism is what leads to improvement. I
contributed to the stricq database, was very happy with how useful
that was going and so I want to see this transfered well to
whoever/whereever the database is kept.

Don't get me wrong, you're doing an excellent job, just don't cast
aspersions on people because they don't do things you way.

Barnaby