[icq-devel] www.stricq.com

Barnaby Gray bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 10:08:44 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:34:09AM +0200, Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:

> >--[Micha]--<armageddon at raydan.de>
>
> > The URL was http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uck4/ICQ/
>
> > > site is guarunteed up 24/7, unlike my own personal PC which is very much
> > > subject to my whims on a moment by moment basis.
>
> Yepp. Actually, it contains the data of the stricq.com database, ift now
> allows you to use hex SNAC values if you really insist on transforming them
> all the time, and it allows to add/edit examples.

It's still not good enough I'm afraid - there are many
cross-references within the database to other SNAC types and the ones
you've pulled out of Douglas' database use the conventional hex form
of the number, whereas recently added ones are using decimal. Very
confusing and very inconsistent.

Guess this could be fixed by not mentioning the number at all in
cross-references and instead having them as links, which would be
neater too :-)

Barnaby

PS. I'll restrain wondering whether this all would have just been
easier if you'd just stuck to hex as everyone else has been using
since the start ;-)