[icq-devel] ICQ database format

Alex Demchenko alex at ritlabs.com
Sat Jul 13 20:38:08 CEST 2002

Hello Gerke,

Saturday, July 13, 2002, 9:10:31 PM, you wrote:

GP> Of course... a public database documentation will surely
GP> be the end of ICQ. Having all these ICQ clones is a big
GP> problem already. But if the developers continue to abuse
GP> ICQ's technology, there will soon be nobody left to finance
GP> the expensive ICQ servers and we all have to switch to
GP> MSN or AIM *shudder*

AOL is a very huge company, before closing ICQ they'll think a lot on
the self popularity. On the other side I think there's a kind of
contract/agreement with Mirabilis, which forces AOL supporting their
servers. IMHO maximum that AOL guys can do -- start
shareware project and ofter some time remove public versions.

P.S. Why ICQMerge hasn't been released? :)

--
Best regards,
 Alex                            mailto:alex at ritlabs.com