[icq-devel] ysm-install

rad2k rad2k at mail.ru
Sat Jul 13 18:51:16 CEST 2002

hey there, for specific client questions i'd rather mail the programmers instead :) (rad2k at mail.ru)
whenever you get HOLD IT, its after installing ysm as you said, but when you run ysm as uid 0.
I don't let my users run ysm as the user 'root' since its an insecure decition. Even though
there still aren't any remote bugs, in case sometime there were any you would be giving
this piece of code all access to your system. do you get it? the same for any other programs
you download from the internet (those which obviously dont -require-uid 0)

create an account for your stuff or use the one you already had and be happy :)

take care,

(the whole message says) :
HOLD IT! I'm sorry, but i WONT let you run YSM
with uid 0. Don't run Ysm as root!. ..fag.

sorry about the fag thing though :)

rad2k
-