[icq-devel] New SRV_REPLYROSTER dumps

Zoe Smale skyerat at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 08:12:53 CEST 2002

>AD> ...are looking quite strange (are they from v7 proto?).
>AD> 2a 02 8f a6 00 84 00 13 00 06 80 00 00 01 00 04
>AD> 00 06 00 01 00 - TLV(06), Length 1
>AD> 02 00 - UNKNOWN1
>AD> 02 00 - UNKNOWN1 again
>AD> 00 06 - COUNT
>
>Nothing strange here.
>When flag`s bit-15 is up (like in that packet = 0x8000),
>you must ignore first 8 bytes in SNAC.
>After that operation SNAC`s data format could become OK:
>This situation is true for some of SNACs too.
>Has anyone idea about format of this 8-bytes array?

I'm sure I've explained this in the past, but here goes again. It's not a
fixed array of 8 bytes, the first word is a length (in this case 6) followed
by variable data (in this example another 6 bytes). In my ICQ client (which
is v7) this data has always been ignored (like it's a placeholder for future
extensions to the protocol). Obviously a v8 client may make more use of it.

Regards
Zoe